Swimming And Electric Shock
(Undated) -- Kids in west central Illinois are beginning to hit the pools, lakes, and rivers to keep cool during the hot summer months but parents should be careful about where they let their kids swim. There's a possibility that kids, and adults, can be electrocuted from streams of power running through the water. It happened to a family in Portland, Oregon. An eight-year-old was swimming one minute and dead the next as he swam into water that was being energized from a boat plug. Parents should make sure their kids aren't swimming in a marina or around docks with power and boats that are plugged in.