top of page

IDNR Reminds Those Hosting Fireworks Displays To Make Sure Vendor Has Required Licenses

(Undated) -- The Illinois Department of Natural Resources is reminding organizations and individuals sponsoring fireworks displays in Illinois to be sure their fireworks vendor has the required state licenses and certificates issued by the IDNR prior to their fireworks show. The Illinois Explosives Act requires that anyone who purchases, possesses, uses, transfers, stores or disposes of explosives, including display fireworks, must have an explosives license and explosives storage certificate issued by the IDNR. Licensing and storage requirements administered by the IDNR do not apply to consumer or personal fireworks, such as roman candles, bottle rockets or firecrackers. For more information on the IDNR explosives regulatory program you can log on,HandlingStorage.aspx.

bottom of page